Wow, these scones were really good! This was the second time I made scones! Haha! I know right, I was just so overwhelmed with the result because I failed at my first attempt. 😂
I have to thank a friend who have taught me how to do it properly via Facebook video call all the way from HongKong.
It was fun! Am neither a kitchen expert nor a pastry chef — but I just love doing something new. And baking is one of the things I love to do in 2019.
Well, I know it’s not ideal for paleo diet but once in a while I want to satisfy my cravings and my husband’s request (he loves my scones). Next time, I’ll try paleo scones recipe.
*Recipe is not mine. I got it from a friend. I love sharing it — who knows, maybe someone like me would want also to try it for the first time!
- 8 oz self-raising flour, sifted (225g)
- 1 1/2 oz butter (or margarine) at room temperature (40g)
- 1/4 pint milk (150 ml) – any milk of your choice
- 1 1/2 tbsp. caster sugar or you can use stevia (to taste)
- a pinch of rock salt
- a little extra flour
- a baking sheet, greased
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 7, 425F (220C)
- Sift the flour into a bowl and rub the butter into it rapidly, using your fingertips.
- Stir in the sugar and salt, then add the milk little by little. Flour your hands a little and knead the mixture to a soft dough – adidng a drop more milk if it feels dry.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured pastry board and roll it out to a thickness of not less than 3/4 inch (2cm) using a lightly floured rolling pin.
- Take a 1 1/2 or 2 inch (4 or 5 cm) pastry cutter (either fluted or plain) and place it on the dough, then tap it sharply so that it goes straight through the dough – don’t twist it or the scones will turn out a peculiar shape.
- After you have cut out, as many scone shapes as you can , knead the dough trimmings together again and repeat until you have used it all.
- Then place the scones on the greased baking sheet, dust each one with little extra flour and bake near the top of the oven for 12-15 minutes .
- When cooked, scones will have turned a crisp golden brown . Cool on a wire rack and eat them slightly warm – because it is more tastier when it is crispy on the outside and soft and light inside. It’s perfect with homemade raspberry or strawberry jam.
ENJOY AND SHARE IT AWAY!