Out of curiosity I tried to make sweet potato chips. If aubergine was good, I was thinking maybe sweet potato would even be tastier!
Surprisingly its pretty awesome! So crispy and flavourful, and all they require is a little olive oil and a pinch of salt before going into the oven to bake for a couple hours. That’s the trick – keeping your oven at 250 degrees and flipping once during the baking process to make sure they crisp up on both sides. The result was amazing.
*Recipe is not mine. I got it through Minimalist Baker 👌🏻
- 2 organic (~150 g each) sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (121 C) and position oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Rinse and dry your sweet potatoes thoroughly and slice them as uniformly thin as possible. Know that chips that are too thick in parts won’t crisp up all the way. Still delicious, just not “chip” crispiness.
- Toss slices in a touch of olive oil to lightly coat, then sprinkle with salt. Lay out in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for about 2 hours, flipping chips once at halfway point to ensure even cooking. I also rotated mine for more even cooking (optional but recommended).
- Remove once crisp and golden brown. Some may feel a little tender in the middle but take them out and let them rest for 10 minutes or so to crisp up before sampling.
Eat and enjoy!