I seldom eat snack foods especially chips; maybe because I used to work in a snack food industry. I know how much preservatives and MSG they put to make it addicting to your taste buds. 😄
So, if I were you, you should try making homemade chips which is more nutritious, economical and preservative-free.
- 2 average aubergine (500g / 17.6 oz)
- 3 tbsp butter (melted) or extra virgin coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh (or dried) rosemary or mixed herbs
- salt to taste (I used kosher or pink Himalayan)
- parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas mark 6.
- Cut aubergine strips thinly and toss with olive oil.
- In a medium bowl combine parmesan cheese, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. You can add paprika if you like. Add aubergine strips and toss to coat. Lay coated strips on a baking tray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until crispy.
To prevent chips from going soft, store wrapped in parchment paper or in tissue paper. If you have a food dehydrator, you could also dehydrate the chips at 140F for 8-10 hours.
Enjoy the bites!